This tutorial will show how to add the option to open a folder in the Command Prompt via the right click menu.
It is a small tweak but if you, like me, is often using the Command Prompt in conjunction with the Windows GUI, it can save you for a lot of trouble.
1. Open Windows Registry Run | regedit
2. Navigate to:
3. Create a new key called Command Prompt
4. Create a key in Command Prompt called command
5. Paste this in to the content of the string:
cmd.exe /k pushd %1
6. Click the button Ok
You can now close the Windows Registry and try right clicking a folder
7. Right click a folder and choose Command Prompt in the right click menu
The folder is now opened via the Command Prompt.
I take no responsibility for broken Windows Registry.u